Sunday, March 15, 2009

Creating

Here is my latest wip. I have worked on her on and off for quite some time now. If I only hade more time to create.




With years of trials and errors and many tears, I finally came up with a method on how to do eyes for my sculptures. I have invested so much time and effort to come up with this method, ( it is crazy and sick actually I did not sculpt for very long time before I was able to do eyes I was pleased with.) And now I dont have much time to sculpt because of studies. Sometimes I really wish I didnt get caught up with details and would just create. But at the same time I cannot resist a challenge.



6 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Joanna. You are the first person to comment on my blogg so this comment is extra special to me!:)
    About the eyes, some artists is unbelievable good at making really beautiful eyes.
    These ones I made are not made from glass, it is from other mediums but still safe to bake in the oven.
    Thanks again for visiting my blogg, and I hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wip is Fabulous!! I can't wait to see her finished. The eyes you did are really wonderful!I get caught up in the detail also. but that's what makes it interesting for me! Please show her when your finished!
    Happy haunting, Gail

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much both of you. :D

    Joanna your eyes are amazing, you manage to make them look real and I think they suit your style very well.
    I like the effect both the styles give, the painted and the premade.

    Gail Yes I think that is also one on of the things when you sculpt is you want to achieve something and have to figure out a way to create it, and that is so fun!
    I´m so happy you visited my blogg!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The eyes you create are simply beautiful. You can tell there is a lot of hard work behind the process. Thank you for connecting - I can't wait to see more of your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The eyes look PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    They have wonderful depth :)
    Your wip faerie who wears them looks fantastic already!
    There is a lot of "attitude" in her pose
    (in my opinion at least lol).
    I also like her physique... like most of your
    faeries, she is not super skinny.. she looks very real!!


    Yovanka

    ReplyDelete